Tuesday, January 31, 2012

New Things; Week Four

Technorati Tags: ,

I found a smoothie recipe on a blog that I follow that I decided to try.

Flex on the Beach Smoothie

Makes 1 large smoothie

  • 1 c. coconut water
  • 1/2 c. non-dairy milk (coconut or almond recommended)
  • 1/2 c.  frozen pineapple
  • 1/2 c. frozen strawberries
  • 1/2 c. frozen banana chunks
  • 1/4 of a large avocado
  • 2 t. coconut oil
  • 1 T. chia seeds
  • 1/4 t. vanilla extract
  • 1/4 t. turmeric
  • 1/2 t. cinnamon
  • dash of salt
  • 1 T. vanilla protein powder (optional)

I assembled all of the ingredients.  (Minus the avocado, I have never done anything with avocado and I guess I could have and maybe I’ll try it next time, but for the first attempt I went without it.)

014

It’s pretty simple, you just throw everything in the blender.

015

And you let the blender do all the hard work.

016

Then you pour it into a cup and drink it.

017

Doesn’t get much simpler than that.  Although a few of the ingredients were a little hard to find.  Chia seeds, coconut oil, and the protein powder.  The biggest problem with the protein powder is that it comes in massive quantities and I wasn’t looking to spend a small fortune on something I didn’t know I would use very much of.

It made a huge smoothie and it was big enough to share with Josh.  It was very tasty and full of good things.  My new favorite thing is Chia seeds.  I have had them in yogurt, cream of wheat and eggs this week already.  I am on the lookout for other things that I can include these little seeds in.

No comments:

Post a Comment