Wednesday, March 11, 2015

A Little Running Shenanigans…

So it’s almost half way through March, so I thought I would update how my return to running has been this year. After the plague, and my almost zero month of running in December, I took it easy and slowly worked my way back into a normal workout routine.

So far this year, my beloved Garmin has spend the entire time in the junk drawer in my kitchen. All of the 148 miles I have logged in 2015 have been done without concern for my pace, and it has been so nice! I used to think that every run needed to be logged in my Garmin, but now it has been very freeing.

I wanted to get back to running because it’s fun, and I think I am getting there.

I even ran my first race without my Garmin.

I can’t decide if I am delaying getting it out and dusting it off because I am afraid to or if I just don’t want it to feel like work again. For now, though, I think I will leave it where it is and stick to the running I’ve been doing.

Next up is the Go Girl Half Marathon. I can’t remember the last time I ran two half marathons in one month. I have been wanting to do an all girl race, and I have lots of friends running it, so it should be a really fun race.

1 comment: