Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Christmas...

So we had some excitement here in Oklahoma on Christmas Eve. 14.1 inches of snow at the airport, which I believe is an all-time record for snowfall in the state. Crazy, huh?

The in-laws were in the car for 11 hours driving in from T town. The trip is usually about 2 hours. They got stuck at the end of the turnpike behind a jack-knifed semi and apparently ODOT had to wait for 7 hours for a wrecker to clear it. Thankfully, they had eaten lunch and filled up the gas tank before they left Tulsa. They made it all the way to our house and then couldn't get all the way in the driveway. So the car spent the night parked half way in the street.

It was a good Christmas though.
Camy loved her zhu zhu pet and the skirts I bought for her and Cars, along with the leggings from gammy. She has had a pair on every day since Christmas. Thankfully, the skirt that I got Cars, which is a size smaller than the one I bought Camy, fits Camy ok.
I know I should have done two pairs of yoga pants for Cars and two skirts for Camy, but I thought they both might like both outfits.
Oh well, I guess I'll know for next time. My girls definitely have their own style.

Carson also loved her zhu zhu pet. The girls have a list with all the names of the zhu zhu pets that they have hanging in their room now. They have marked off the names of the two they have and have plans to get the other seven.

Carson especially liked the iPod Touch from gammy and pop. The Paul Frank cover we got her is too cute. (Camy got Hello Kitty for hers.)

The green vest she has on is her new favorite. She has been wearing it around the house non stop. I think she thinks it's a hoodie and not a real coat. Oh well, at least she likes it.

I know I am a little biased, but I think this is the best Christmas present anyone got. My very own Kitchenaid stand mixer! I love love love it. Got to whip up some very tasty mashed potatoes for Christmas dinner, and made some pizza dough the other night. I haven't done any real baking since I got it on account of the fact that I have tons of cookies and cupcakes left since our guest list was shortened by the storm. Oh well, there will be plenty of time to bake and bake!

So now it's almost the new year. 2009 has been a great year. We have our finances in order and are on our way to being debt free. I ran 4) 5ks, one Pub Run, did one sprint triathlon and one killer duathlon. I feel like I am in the best shape of my life and am ready for some new challenges in 2010.

First is the half marathon in March. I am going to rest my quad for a few days and then get back at it. Happy New Year!

No comments:

Post a Comment