Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Turkey Trot Recap…

The last 5k for the year was the Turkey Trot that was hosted by the Downtown YMCA.  I lucked into free race entries because BMI was a sponsor of the event and they didn’t think anyone else would want 8 race entries to a 5k except for me.  I was more than happy to take advantage.

All I can say about this race is that I am glad I hadn’t actually paid for it because I was very disappointed in how it was run.  Josh and I picked Kim up and met Jen before the start of the race.  It was chilly out, but much better conditions than the Route 66 half four days earlier.  I was bummed that I couldn’t find Patti before the start of the race, but luckily she found me after we got started.

This race started with a couple of hills, then had a steady incline, and then finished with a couple of hills.  Not my most favorite course, but I was pretty happy with my time.  My chip time was 23:49, but they had me listed in the men’s division at first, and they had my age wrong.  It wasn’t just me, I think everyone I knew that ran this race had screwed up info for their results.  I know it’s just a 5k but it’s nice to see how you stack up against everyone else and I’ve never seen results as messed up as these.

Oh well, we did get a good picture at the end of the race…

turkey trot

It was nice to start Thanksgiving off with a run with some of my favorite running friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment