Wednesday, January 22, 2014

January is Almost Over...


My goal of spending more time with my blog has already been a huge failure.  Three weeks into the new year and I have blogged about a whole lot of nothing.  Maybe I need to get a life.

So what's been going on?  Running.  Work.  Family.  Food.  (Not necessarily in that particular order.)  Basically a whole lot of boring, everyday, regular life sort of things.  You could probably add a big dose of Race Envy to that list.  Apparently, I have friends that do plan races every now and again.  Maybe I should be hanging out with those friends more.

We are three weeks into January and I have logged 78 miles so far.  I should be on track to start the new year with a 100 mile month.  Don't get too excited because the universe has a way of wrecking my plans when I get too excited.  One day at a time, right?

So let's talk about today.




 
We don't usually run on Wednesdays, but Mother Nature has scheduled a bit of cold weather for tomorrow, so we opted to run our Thursday hilly route today.  After yesterday's 6, very cold, very windy miles, my legs were a little bummed to be asked to run again. I did everything I could to push them up and down the new, hilly route we have added from Rochelle's house for the last couple of weeks.  Let's just say I am glad that is over.
 
I did get a new pair of my beloved Brooks Ravenna 4s earlier this month and I am loving them.  I am sad that the 5s are so different, and my local shoe expert thinks the new version is not a good choice for me.  Apparently it's too much shoe for my narrow feet.  There is even talk of my second shoe being a brand other than Brooks.
 
Here's hoping they will change their minds and go back to the 4s when the 6s come out at the end of the year.  Although, I don't think this one pair will last me that long. 
 
I do need to do some serious thinking about what race I want to run next.  As always I feel a little lost and without direction.  I like to have a plan, but sometimes it's hard to come up with one.
 
One non-running relating bit of news, Camy has her audition for the high school orchestra tomorrow.  Seriously, high school!  I don't know if I'm more nervous for her to do well, which I am confident she will, or freaked out over the fact that she is auditioning for HIGH SCHOOL.  I am no where ready for that. 
 
This cannot be good for my mid-life crisis. 
 
I'm going to go sit in the corner and take some deep cleansing breaths.  




No comments:

Post a Comment