Monday, May 11, 2009

Knitting...


So I officially have a new hobby. Last Monday night my girls and their Girl Scout troop went to L&b Yarn Co. for a knitting lesson. Since it was my idea, I got to go, and I got the chance to learn how to knit, again.

I learned last summer at my company picnic, but with the move to the new house and everything I put my scarf down that I had been working on and hadn't picked it back up. The class was learning how to make a washcloth.

It has been a week and I am officially a pro. I made four washcloths last week (the picture is my first one), and I took my girls back on Saturday to pick out yarn for scarfs that I am going to make them. Yes, I know it's much too warm for scarfs, but they are very excited about them, and I am very excited about being able to create something that they will love.

Carson has decided that she loves knitting and wants to take the little camp they offer this summer. Cameron decided that she hates it. We'll see, maybe she'll want to in the future if I keep at it.

No comments:

Post a Comment