Friday, May 8, 2009

Mother's Day

So in two days, it'll be Mother's Day again. Not my favorite holiday of the year, but don't get me wrong, I do enjoy how excited my girls get about the day. It's nice to have someone that will think and plan how they can have their dad bring you breakfast in bed, as a surprise, that one day of the year.

Not only is it Mother's Day in two days, but today, May 8Th is the anniversary of my own mother's death. It's been 28 years since my mother died of breast cancer. Ironically, she was 28 when she died. This time of the year serves as a reminder of what I lost and missed out on for the majority of my life.

On this bittersweet holiday for me I'll remember that I have two girls that love me and love that they can show that love, and I'll try not to dwell on the fact that I don't remember my last Mother's Day with my own mom.

No comments:

Post a Comment