Monday, August 2, 2010

My Desk...

So, there was a slight mishap in my office on Friday afternoon, and I must say I have not laughed that hard in a really long time.

My desk is U shaped, and a co-worker (we'll call him Ramsey) was sitting being me partly on the side partly on the bottom of the U as we were looking at a new software program we are launching this morning.  I got a call from downstairs, apparently Kaiser's, a nearby restaurant/soda fountain, was going out of business this weekend and some other co-workers were going on an ice cream soda run.  I placed my order and hung up the phone. 

Ramsey decided he couldn't live without an ice cream soda and as he was reaching for my phone moved a little further on the bottom of the U that was my desk and that's when all hell broke loose.  That part of my desk came crashing down, one of my candles broke, my water spilled everywhere and everything that was sitting on that section of my desk fell to the floor.  It took a second to realize what had happened and then I was laughing so hard I could barely speak.

I called our warehouse manager and could not get the words out that I was going to need a broom, I had tears in my eyes I was laughing so hard.  We did manage to get some help and removed the top part of the broken portion.

So here is my desk after the broken piece was removed.  So we decided that I wasn't really gonna need the back part since the top part wasn't going to be returning.

We did have to completely shut my computer off at this point because everything is plugged in through the hole in the part that we were going to remove.






So this is what my desk looks like now, it's no longer U shaped, it's two parallel pieces. 

On a positive note, we are in the process of remodeling our area and in a few weeks I will no longer even have an office.  I use the term office loosely here, it's more like a shoebox.  If you shut the door that's about what it feels like.  Don't even get me started on how the door won't slam, that really made me mad one time.

What more could you ask for on a Friday afternoon when you are trying to wrap up the month, except a whole lot of comic relief from a co-worker!

Ah Ramsey, you crack me up!  Your timing was absolutely perfect on that one!


No comments:

Post a Comment