Tuesday, October 11, 2011

What to do…

Since the marathon in May I have only done a few races. Here's what I have done with my summer vacation…

  • I walked the Autism 5k with my girls less than a week after the marathon.
  • The Corporate Challenge the second weekend in June. That was a 1 mile, 50 meter dash, women's relay (my leg was a 400), and a 10k.
  • The Norman Conquest bike ride was in July.
  • The Rock N Roll half in Chicago was in August.
  • The Brookhaven 5k the beginning of September.
  • The Tie Dye Tri was two weeks ago.

This is what I have coming up right now…

  • The Race for the Cure 5k is this Saturday. This is one of my favorite races. I've been walking or running it for almost ten years, it was the first 5k that I ran the entire time, and I am hoping to PR this weekend.
  • The Route 66 half marathon in Tulsa is the end of November.

Not a very impressive list of events in my opinion.

I love races. I love picking up my race packet, and getting my big and my timing chip. I love the feeling of anticipation and nervousness I get pre race. I love going out there and just giving it my all, not competing against other runners, but against myself.

Maybe I just haven't had a good long run in a week and a half.

Maybe it's because on the last few long runs I've done there was no one cheering me on towards the finish line. Yeah, maybe that's it; it sure makes all the difference.

No comments:

Post a Comment