Friday, August 29, 2014

Foodie Pen Pals...

It has been a while since my last Foodie Pen Pal post, and I'm not sure why I decided to join in again, but I got on the list for August and was looking forward to seeing who I would get paired up with.

Basically I send someone a package and that person sends me a package, you can get more details here. It is fun to see what someone you've never met before picks out to send you.

I got paired up with Melissa over at A Pearl and Her Pilot, and after some missed communication we emailed and found out a little bit about each other and then it was off to shop.

My box came last week, and seriously, who doesn't love to get packages in the mail?

Looks like a box full of yumminess, if you ask me.
 
The fig bars are fabulous. I have very limited experience with figs, aside from the fig newtons I have eaten during marathon training in the past, and figs on the Skinny pizza at Cool Greens, this would be the first time I have ever had something fig-like in my house. I am having a hard time NOT eating them all at once.
 

The Sahale granola is pretty tasty too. Although, I must admit the cranberries make me think of raisins, which I kinda hate. Anyone else think raisins are just humiliated grapes? (Name that movie!)

I have not had a chance to crack into the honey, but this was a great pick for me as well.  I love peanut butter and banana sandwiches drizzled with honey. I might have to make that my pre long run breakfast this weekend. It is possible that I am the only person in the world that doesn't know the difference between raw honey and what I buy at the store, but I do love that my pen pal shopped local for me.

I will admit, I was a little skeptical about the green chile and white bean soup by The Spice Hunter. Mostly because I am a soup snob, but I love having soup in my lunch so I gave it a shot, and you know what? It was really good. Makes me want to throw some green chilies in my next pot of soup.

Anyone else loving Kind bars? I stumbled on the dark chocolate with sea salt recently and I have been buying it exclusively. I love the chocolate with the saltiness. This has been my pre long run breakfast as of late. Yum.

Finally, almond butter. It's funny that Josh and I were just having a conversation about almond butter at the grocery store the other day. What better way to try something out, that tens to be a little more pricey than peanut butter, than in individual size packets? (I love individual sized things.) I threw the plain one in my smoothie this morning and it was pretty tasty.

So there you have it, all the goodies that someone I have never met before decided I needed to have in my life. It was a good box, and I can't wait to see what happens next month!



No comments:

Post a Comment