Wednesday, December 31, 2014

Baking in 2014...

This has been a big year for me when it comes to baking. Back in January I was thinking that I would be done with baking, but then February rolled around and after an order for 100 Valentine sugar cookies it has just taken off from there. We have also learned what happens to Penny when she eats a dozen sugar cookies. She is okay for the first 24 hours, but after that it's gas and discomfort for Crazy Penny.

There was a little re-branding, with my new name and logo. It was not easy coming up with my new name, Sugar Shenanigans, I really feel like I have grown into my new name. (Plus I LOVE the word shenanigans.)

We have slowly turned out breakfast nook into my baking area.


I now own two Kitchen aid mixers.


I am the proud owner of a bun rack. Really, it makes me laugh every time I say it. I wonder if that will wear off.


These are just a few the Shenanigans of 2014...

  1. Olaf/Frozen cookies for Avery
  2. Sock Monkey cookies, I am sad I didn't make these for Carson when she was younger.
  3. Love and Dragon Flies for Dan & Judy's anniversary
  4. Ice Cream and Cupcakes
  5. Flowers, and the first cookies I sent in the mail.
  6. Ladybugs, Cows and love.
  7. Pokemon for my girls' birthday.
  8. Dr. Seuss cookies, I can't wait to make more of these.
  9. Peeps! Way better than actual Peeps, in my opinion.



  1. Superhero cookies for a 3-year-old's birthday
  2. More love cookies for an engagement party.
  3. Christmas, Christmas, Christmas!
  4. Angels and gold starts. I really love these angels.
  5. Arkansas cookies, I love the hog cookies. I made OU, OSU and WVU cookies too.
  6. Elf on a Shelf. My kids missed the whole elf on the shelf craze, and I was nervous about these cookies, but they turned out great.
  7. Thanksgiving. Love the turkeys made with flower cookie cutters.
  8. Music theme cookies.
  9. Pigeon cookies, my kids are too old for this character, but I hear the books are very popular. These cookies were a big hit with the kindergarten class.
There have also been a few cakes and cupcakes sprinkled in here and there.


German chocolate cake for my father-in-law's birthday. Seriously, I think I used up every dish in my kitchen with this one.

Dark chocolate nutella cake for my mother-in-law's birthday. (I see a theme developing here.)

I have tried out some new things this year. I aspire to make macaroons. I did make one batch and I think they turned out good.


I think the theme is chocolate and not in-laws.

It's been a year full of baking, and I hope that 2015 brings even more.



2 comments: