There are just a few hours left of 2014, so what better time to be nostalgic about the year that has passed then now? No big plans for the evening, except a few extra teenagers, a little take out, and a midnight run planned for later.
There has been a lot of baking this year, but how about everything else?
There has been some running...
- Chicago Marathon, definitely a bucket list race, I got stung by a bee, and I'd like to do it again and run stronger.
- OKC Marathon, the last time I ever run the full in OKC, it was brutal.
- National Running Day, that day that I didn't actually do any running.
- Route 66 half marathon, the horrible half that turned into an upper respiratory infection and pneumonia
- Sooner State Games trail run, the day I seriously thought I was going to be last.
- Strides of March half marathon, my second fasted half ever, and the reason I decided to run the full at OKC. What was I thinking?
- Birthday running, I love birthday running with the girls.
- Walking the Turkey Day 5k, got Josh out of bed to walk that with me.
- Scorcher half marathon, the wettest race I've ever ran, and my last race in the 35-39 age group.
And some other fun stuff...
- My 40th birthday, when my aunts and great aunt flew in to surprise us.
- Joshs's 41st birthday and one of those times he did a shot of tequila on his birthday.
- Rochelle's birthday celebrating at Blu.
- The girls' birthday at the Melting Pot in Dallas
- Food basket deliveries for the Elks Lodge before Christmas.
- The tailgate after the crappy OU game Josh and I went to.
- The Daddy Daughter dance, only one year left...
- Spring break in Branson, or that time we tried to go to Silver Dollar City and it freaking snowed.
- Birthday celebrating for Sarah and Rochelle.
By the numbers:
I think I ran my most miles in a month in October with 147 total miles, and my least amount of miles this December when I logged only 9 miles. That is quite a drastic change. Two marathons in one year is a lot.