Wednesday, December 31, 2014

Goodbye 2014...

 There are just a few hours left of 2014, so what better time to be nostalgic about the year that has passed then now? No big plans for the evening, except a few extra teenagers, a little take out, and a midnight run planned for later.

There has been a lot of baking this year, but how about everything else?

There has been some running...


  1. Chicago Marathon, definitely a bucket list race, I got stung by a bee, and I'd like to do it again and run stronger.
  2. OKC Marathon, the last time I ever run the full in OKC, it was brutal.
  3. National Running Day, that day that I didn't actually do any running.
  4. Route 66 half marathon, the horrible half that turned into an upper respiratory infection and pneumonia
  5. Sooner State Games trail run, the day I seriously thought I was going to be last.
  6. Strides of March half marathon, my second fasted half ever, and the reason I decided to run the full at OKC. What was I thinking?
  7. Birthday running, I love birthday running with the girls.
  8. Walking the Turkey Day 5k, got Josh out of bed to walk that with me.
  9. Scorcher half marathon, the wettest race I've ever ran, and my last race in the 35-39 age group.

 And some other fun stuff...


  1. My 40th birthday, when my aunts and great aunt flew in to surprise us.
  2. Joshs's 41st birthday and one of those times he did a shot of tequila on his birthday.
  3. Rochelle's birthday celebrating at Blu.
  4. The girls' birthday at the Melting Pot in Dallas
  5. Food basket deliveries for the Elks Lodge before Christmas.
  6. The tailgate after the crappy OU game Josh and I went to.
  7. The Daddy Daughter dance, only one year left...
  8. Spring break in Branson, or that time we tried to go to Silver Dollar City and it freaking snowed.
  9. Birthday celebrating for Sarah and Rochelle.
By the numbers:
  • 1,047 total miles
  • 7 100+ mile months
  • 2 marathons
  • 3 half marathons
I think I ran my most miles in a month in October with 147 total miles, and my least amount of miles this December when I logged only 9 miles. That is quite a drastic change. Two marathons in one year is a lot. 

I am looking forward to a fresh start that the new year brings. Time to get back on track, set some new goals and decide what comes next. I can't wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment