Thursday, April 16, 2009

Boot Camp

So the Y in Norman is having a six week boot camp. I saw the sign up for it last week and for some reason thought it would be a good idea. The cost is only $60, which from what I have heard is dirt cheap.

I got to meet with the instructor and discuss my goals, and today I am going to meet with the nutritionist about my eating habits. (I am not too excited about that!) I am not looking to loose weight, I think that I am at a good weight for me, I don't want to have to fight with it. I know what I should and shouldn't eat and I'd like to have the things I shouldn't have in moderation. (The whole moderation is my problem though.)

As I am very much a morning person and always work out in the morning, the 5:45 am time is perfect for me. I seriously didn't know what I was getting myself into with this. On Tuesday for the first class, we did push-ups, sit ups, lunges, squats, some sort of bear crawl and another strange thing where we had to be on our hands and feet (not your knees) and push a towel across the basketball court.

At 6:40 am, on my way home to get my kiddos ready for school and myself ready for work, the pain was already setting in. I have sore muscles in places I never realized I had muscles! I would stretch one way and another muscle somewhere else would hurt. If I thought I was hurting on Tuesday, that was nothing compared to what I felt like when I woke up on Wednesday morning. Not only did my legs still hurt, but also my arms, shoulders, neck and back!

I forced myself out of bed and went and walked two miles on the treadmill. By the end of the day at work I decided that I needed a good yoga class. So I went and did that last night. It's a good thing I did, too. I was able to walk almost normally this morning, just in time to get back to the Y for the second class. Today we did dips, push-ups, squats and all sorts of torturous exercises.

I am fine sitting at my desk, but when I go to get up the pain sets in again. I think I am getting better since the more I move the less it hurts, but it's hard to be too active when you sit at a desk all day!

So two classes down, ten more to go. I also have to get in two weight training sessions and one tread mill workout each week, and I don't think I'm going to give up the Yoga either. That class made me feel good.

No comments:

Post a Comment