Monday, September 28, 2009

I Did It!!!


So, I am officially a triathlete. Really? I don't think anyone is more surprised than I am! The Tie Dye Tri was on Saturday and I did it, and I finished, and I did great!

I was very nervous. Josh went with me to get my stuff set up and get checked in. I opted to not do the warm up swim because the water was cold and it was a pretty cold morning. So we just hung out in the gym until race time. I was number 48, meaning I had the 48th fastest time for the swim on my registration. When we lined up for the swim, I got to chat with the other participants in line with me, and there were plenty of nerves going on.

The swim went great! I got to pass some people, and finished in 8:14, and I was off to the bike. I got to see Jill, Pat, the girls and Kyle and April on the way to my transition, which was nice. My transition took almost four minutes, which was not very good, but it was nice that there were not alot of people on the course when I got out there. My bike took a little over 48 minutes, and then after a transition for the run that took a little over a minute, I was off on the 5k.

Thanks to Tommy for keeping me focused, I turned in a personal best for the 5K. 27:27! I can't believe it! After everything else I had already done. I had a huge grin on my face when it was all over and found out that I finished 58th out of about 120 women. Not bad for my first time! I can't wait to do it again!

No comments:

Post a Comment