Monday, April 26, 2010

First Race After Surgery...

Well yesterday I ran my first 5k since my knee surgery in February.  I didn't do too bad considering I haven't run that far since the beginning of January, and I haven't been running that much in the last few weeks.  (After I over did it two weeks ago.)

My time was 33:35, which is about 5 minutes slower than I was running in the fall, but I am glad that I got through it all and didn't have to stop.  Maybe I am getting tougher mentally, thanks boot camp!

The plan now is to run a half in Tulsa the end of October.  I've got six months to get ready.  It is a good thing, since Stacy looks to have a stress fracture in her foot.  She saw her doctor this morning and will have an MRI on Wednesday.  Could mean six to eight weeks in a boot and only cross training during that time.  It's a good thing we have time!

All in all, I am glad to be back, sort of.  My knee held up well and I don't have any trouble with it today.  I think I'll do some cross training in the morning and go back to the running group tomorrow night.  It should be sprints, which means shorter distance, which should be good.

No comments:

Post a Comment