Thursday, April 22, 2010

Memorial Marathon

So, Sunday is my first running event post surgery.  Stacy and I are just doing the 5k, and I am not sure if I'll be able to run the whole thing or not.  I did over do it last week.  I couldn't help it, I just felt so normal!

I did a trekking class on Tuesday morning, run/walking 3.5 miles, and then Tuesday night was my first running group since surgery.  We worked on intervals, and it was so nice outside and I felt so good that I ran about 2.8 miles and walked another .7.  In total it was a seven mile Tuesday, but again I had no pain and felt great. 

I got up to go to boot camp on Wednesday morning and felt a little sore, but noting out of the ordinary.  I was fine all through the class until the end when he wanted us to do some running and my knee was just not into it.  I limped through the rest of the class and when I got to work called my doctor to see if I could get a brace for my knee.  I got fitted for it on Thursday, after just doing the bike on Thursday morning.  I have not done much running since.

At boot camp on Monday, we did 15 minutes of killer stuff and then we ran a mile on the track.  I felt pretty good, not 100%, but not bad.  I've done the bike twice this week, and no running group.  So on Sunday morning, I'll put on my brace and do my best, we'll see what happens.  I am a little jealous of all the people I know that are doing the half and the full, it's hard not to wish I was doing something a little more exciting.  My plan is to be doing the half next year, so we'll see where this year takes me.

No comments:

Post a Comment