Friday, April 8, 2011

Complete Slacker...

I have been a complete slacker this week.  It's weird.  I don't think I have worked out this little in a week, since I can't remember when.  I had two days where I have done nothing, so weird.

I am hoping that the rest will pay off and when we head out bright and early on Sunday, I'll make it through the 20 miles just like that 18 I did last week, except without the horrible knee pain and the limping around afterwards.  Injuries suck, and I want no part of them.  I am too close, only three weeks to go.

I did bake up a storm last night.  I baked a batch of sugar cookies shaped like baby feet, baby right feet, that I will decorate pink and yellow for Kendra tonight.  I also whipped up a batch of carrot cake cupcakes for Kendra, for the baby shower she is hosting tomorrow.  When I get home tonight I'll make the cream cheese frosting to go with them.  This is only my second batch of carrot cake cupcakes, and after the practice batch from last week, I decided to go a completely different route with the recipe I used (Martha Stewart) and I think they are lovely.

This morning I was up bright and early and instead of hitting the gym I hit the kitchen.  This time I baked up some vanilla cupcakes for Josh's old boss who's is also hosting a baby shower tomorrow.  These will also have cream cheese frosting, tinted blue for a baby boy.  There's lost of frosting in my future today.  Tomorrow I'm going to make some cherry cupcakes for Lanne's birthday party on Sunday.  Cherry with cherry butter cream, I'll make these mini size.  They'll be just the right size for her to pop the whole thing in her mouth if she wants, just like she did on Sunday when she was sampling my Beer Sprocket test batches.

No comments:

Post a Comment