Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Marathon Training Summary...

I am four days away from the big day.  It's been almost 16 weeks since this insanity began and I thought I'd post a recap of the last four months.

In total I have ran 287.49 miles.  (Holy Cow!)  Not bad for a girl that has never considered herself a runner, or even wanted to be one.  According to Dailymile.com, where I log my runs, I have burned 33,404 calories.  I can eat a TON of cupcakes and cookies to make up for that.

My pace has ranged from 7:56 to 11:23.  In my defense that crappy pace time was on April 18th, we ran/walked 7.29 miles total, and I believe it was 95 degrees out at 6 in the evening with about a million percent humidity.  Looks like my shortest run was a mere 2 miles, and the longest was the 20 miles of insanity on the indoor track at the Y.

I have logged two races since training began, the Heart for Haiti 5k, at which I set a PR of 24:36, and the Rock n Roll Half Marathon in Dallas where I set a PR of 1:53:23.  I also raised $1,700 for that race, and baked alot of cookies for my wonderful friends and co-workers that donated.

It looks like, if my calculations are correct, that I have spent no less than 45 hours running since January 10th.  Now all that's left to do is a little carb loading, and a few days of rest.  I'm praying for no rain, but plan to prepare for it just in case.  The weather now is showing lows in the 50s, highs around 70 and a 30% chance of rain.

It's been a long road getting here, and it has not been easy.  There have been at least three long runs that made me want to hang up my running shoes for good, or even burn them just to be rid of them.  I've had the muscle aches and pains to go with it, and my feet are a little worse for wear, but I am as prepared as I can be.

I'm ready to hit the road, and soak it all in, and I plan to have the biggest smile on my face when I cross that finish line.

1 comment:

  1. What a great accomplishment! You just made me cry. You will do GREAT and have a crowd waiting for you at the finish. Jesica

    ReplyDelete