Friday, November 4, 2011

November 4, 2011

Day number four of my list of things I am thankful for would have to be my sisters.

It's a strange and wonderful relationship with sisters. I am extremely thankful for my sisters.

There have been lots of good times for the three of us, participating in the 3-Day Breast Cancer Walk in Chicago in 2006 is one of the best. One of my favorites was loading up the three of us with Camy, Carson, Hailey and Paige and driving back to West Virginia in our old Ford Explorer. Who knew that traveling cross country with four little girls would be so fun? We started the trip with some puke and ended it with some puke, (both from my kids) and along the way we had a great time.

Jen and I got to be pregnant at the same time; and Karen gave us the last baby we'll have for a while earlier this year.

Some days I wish we had an even number. Three is a hard number, and there have been many times that it has felt like it was two against one on any number of issues. No matter how complicated our relationships have been over the years I don't know what I would do without my sisters. They have seen me at my worst and at my best and they accept me as I am.

The three of us are very different, and I wish that our interests overlapped more. I guess the great thing about sisters is that you can be very different but still be linked together.

I hope my girls will always be close, the is no other relationship quite like the one you have with your sisters.

No comments:

Post a Comment