Sunday, September 29, 2013

Ever Wonder What Your Appendix Looks Like...

I am still in the hospital and hoping I will get to go home sometime today. I do feel like I got a little more sleep last night. Friday night was pretty sleepless with all the post-op vitals and assorted IV medications and making my way to the bathroom. 

I did get up at 4:30-ish for the bathroom and by the time I got back in bed it was in quite a bit of pain. After some Percocet I went back to sleep until about 7:30 or so. 


They brought me this yesterday. Since it hurts to take a deep breath and they want me to avoid pnemonia. I am supposed to take a deep breath and blow out into this 10-20 times an hour. This is a painful task. 


I do love the socks they gave me. I don't have them in wrong, they have the grips on both sides. 

I had a nice bit of nausea after breakfast, and now I am all drugged up with pain pills and anti-nausea meds so it might be nap time. 

When I see my doctor later I will find out if they are sending me home or not. 

And just in case you were wondering, they gave me pictures of my very sick appendix. Look away now if you don't want to see it. 



No comments:

Post a Comment