I've been seeing posts by Lindsay over at The Lean Green Bean talking about #sundayfoodprep and I thought it sounded like a fantastic idea.
For the second week in a row I decided to get myself together and get ready for the week. We can talk about week two next week.
Here was week #1
- Frozen yogurt bars (I suspected these were made with tainted Chobani yogurt because the morning after I ate one I was nauseous and sick to my stomach. Not good.)
- Soaked navy beans for the crockpot.
- Washed and ready grapes, thanks to Carson.
- Broccoli, carrots and Brussels sprouts and sweet potatoes ready for steaming or snacking.
- Lettuce for salad.
- Roasted new potatoes.
- Quinoa and stir-fry veggies. (We didn't get around to using these.)
- Hard boiled eggs.
- Peanut butter sweet potato bites.
I think I learned a lot the first week. I was a little too ambitious and we didn't eat it all, but it was so nice to have it all prepped.
We had crockpot navy beans with cornbread and some leftovers Monday. I had steamed veggies with the roasted potatoes for lunch one day. Friday night I made roasted broccoli and chickpea tacos with some mashed sweet potatoes with some of the same seasonings.
Overall it was a huge help to have all those veggies ready to go when I needed them. Cuts down on the PB&J.