Sunday, September 8, 2013

Mumford and Sons...

Saturday started with a 4:30 am wake up call. All my fabulous running friends had 18 on the schedule, and since I am currently building back up for half marathon training and bike crash recovery I was shooting for 8-ish super hilly miles.

We met to run the east side hills, and let me say how dark it is out there at 5:30 in the morning. It's a little scary when you can hear the dogs barking and it's too dark to see them. I did get the batteries in my headlamp changed today and it's going to be a whole new world on Tuesday morning.

I got in ten hilly miles before heading home to crawl back into bed for a short nap. We got around and the girls and I headed up to Edmond to pick up Paige. First stop was for food.

We went to The Garage.

These two never sit next to each other.

Paige and I. The lighting in there was really bad.

After lots of fries, we headed to Guthrie. I was very impressed with how the city handled the huge crowd. We parked in a big red dirt covered field and caught a tractor to the park


Camy, Carson and Paige. They did get slick out of the super bumpy field we parked in. I might have been driving a little fast, which may or may not have contributed to the extra bumpiness.
We got in the park, got our concert t-shirts and found a place to lounge in the grass and waited for the sun to go down and Mumford and Sons to come out.

Super sunny shots of us laying in the grass.

Paige is so serious. I don't think my chin is ever going to look normal again.

Carson was doing a little reading.

It was a great show. Mumford and Sons played for about two hours and played almost every song we wanted to hear. They even covered a couple of Beatles songs with the other bands that performed over the weekend; Come Together and With a Little Help From My Friends. We sang at the top of our lungs and danced around and had a fabulous time.

We got Brock to take our picture when we dropped Paige off. Can you tell we are tired and covered in a layer of red dirt? We were. The girls and I made it home at about 1am. It was a very long but great day. I can't wait until the next concert.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment