Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Half Marathon Take Two...

I registered for my first half marathon, The Route 66 Marathon in Tulsa on November 21st.  This will be my second attempt to run my first half.

I have already run further than I did in my training before my knee decided that it had to stop in January, so I am feeling pretty good about it all.  I did get butterflies in my stomach when I clicked that "Register" button this morning.

So my Saturday or Sunday mornings between now and then will involve some long runs with some Y running friends.  I requested that they not tell me how far we are going to run before hand, ignorance is bliss for me in this situation I think.

Looks like the calluses on my feet won't be going away anytime soon.  My friends say they will take about three weeks off after the half and start training for the full at the Memorial Marathon next year, but that might just be a little too insane for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment