Monday, September 20, 2010

Let the Running Begin...

So, even though I haven't officially registered yet, I have officially started training for the Tulsa half marathon.  The big day is Sunday, November 21st and I have 62 days to feel nervous and get ready for it.  I can feel the butterflies already! 

My first training run was Saturday morning with Jerry, Choon and Laura.  It was my longest run to date at eight miles.  I did run a 10k during the Corporate Challenge in June, but it was about a million degrees outside that Sunday morning the beginning of June, and it was about as humid as it can be and not be raining, and the sun was blazing outside.  Oh yeah, and there were no water stops.  Really?  The event was put on by OU Medicine and they failed to provide hydration for the competitors.  Makes perfect sense to me.  Needless to say, it was a slightly horrible run and I finished in about 65 minutes.

I set out to run eight miles on Saturday and honestly, it was not bad.  I felt much better than I thought I would.  The thing I like about running with these people is that if one person stops then we would all stop, and believe me, I don't want to be the reason we are stopping.  I have been running about 4 miles regularly lately and I was surprised that when we stopped for water at the 4 mile mark I was still ready to go another 4.  I am convinced there must be something wrong with me!

The Tie Dye Tri is this Sunday, and I can honestly say that I was trying to figure out how I could still go run another eight on Saturday and be up for the race on Sunday.  I don't think that's going to happen though.  So I'll sleep in on Saturday and be ready to race on Sunday, and then I'll be back on track.  Okay, I'll have to miss for the Race for the Cure, and I still want to do the Fall Classic Duathlon again.  So many races so little time!

No comments:

Post a Comment