Wednesday, September 8, 2010

My Little Swimmer

Last week Camy officially joined the swim team at the Y.  I am so excited about this, and I am trying to not really let on to her the exact level of my excitement.  I want her to want to do it, but for her and not for me.

Her first practice went well and she was completely exhausted when we got home.  She had her second practice last night and had lots of fun.  I get there in time to see the last fifteen minutes of practice and that usually consists of kick boards and starts. 

Last week when her coach was working on starts at the end, she thought about trying to go off the blocks, but when she saw how high up it was changed her mind.  Her coach was still having them work on their starts from the side of the pool, and honestly the kid can't dive.  Last night she did get up the courage to go off the blocks, but both times her feet hit the water before her hands.  Oh well, she'll get it eventually.

We did go shopping for a swim cap and bathing suit this weekend.  We had no luck finding suits in her size, according to Academy they are out of season.  Seriously, they know nothing about swimming.  We did some searching and ordered new suits for her and I on www.swimoutlet.com, they will be here this week. 

I think she was a little worried about the swim cap, so we practiced putting it on.  I just think she looks so cute.  She even told me after practice last night that having her hair out of her face made her goggles stay on better and it was easier to swim.

Now I just have to worry about the fact that she is practically blind without her glasses on.  I sure hope she can see where the wall is.

So for now we'll just keep going back, and see how it goes.  It clearly is in her blood to be a little fish, and I have great memories from the years I swam, so that's not a bad place to start.

No comments:

Post a Comment