Friday, March 25, 2011

Let's Rock N Roll...

Tomorrow morning, Kim, Abby and I are heading down to Dallas for the Rock N Roll Half Marathon.  Hard to believe it's been three months since I decided that I wanted to register and raise money for Susan G. Komen for the Cure.

$1,710 later, I am ready to go.  I decided to raise money by baking cookies, and it was a huge hit.  I should have kept better track of all the cookies I baked, but I know it's been quite a few chocolate chip and sugar cookies that have been baked for a cure.


The Honor Bib I ordered should be coming in the mail today, and thanks to Abby we have pink race outfits to wear.

So tomorrow morning at 7 am, along with our driver, Brian, we will be headed to the expo to pick up our race packets.  After that, there should be some outlet mall shopping, and maybe some carb loading.

Hopefully, by about 10:30 on Sunday morning I will have finished my second half marathon in under two hours.  We'll see how that goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment