Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Rock N Roll

I have 12 days until my second half marathon.  I love a good road trip, and I, along with a few running friends, will be trekking down to Dallas for the Rock N Roll half marathon on March 27th

I was very excited when I discovered that this race benefited Susan G. Komen for the Cure as part of their Marathon for the Cure race series.  I got a discounted registration fee of $75, and committed to raise atleast $1,000 for Komen for the Cure.  With 12 days to go I have raised $1,555! 

My secret weapon for fundraising has been cookies!  I sent an email out to my co-workers, and posted on Facebook, that if people would donate atleast $25 I would bake them a dozen cookies.  Chocolate chip or sugar cookies, their pick.  The response was fabulous!  I haven't baked as many cookies as I thought, some people have donated and passed on the cookies, but I have baked quite a few in the last month or so.

All that's left to do now is to go out there and run.  I do have a 16 mile training run on Saturday for my marathon training, I am hoping that run doesn't kill me so I can go run in Dallas.  I still have not recovered fully from the last 16 mile run we did, so I am hoping for better conditions and better results this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment