Sunday, February 20, 2011

Heart for Haiti 5K...

I ran my first 5K race in 133 days yesterday.  My last 5K was the Race for the Cure in October and I had a PR of 26:18.  I had been tasked, by Tommy, to take 30 seconds off my training pace for the Marathon.  While I don't believe I am running a 9 minute pace for the marathon, I was shooting for an 8:30 pace.

I set my Garmin to beep at me if I dropped below my set pace and just gave it everything, and I didn't leave anything out there.  I finished in 24:36, a time I NEVER thought I would see as a runner.  It was a small race, but even so I won my age group and was the 4th overall woman in the race.  So now I don't ever need to run another 5k again, right?

This is our picture of irony.

Christie, Stacy, Kim, Holly, me, Jesica, Bob, Jeanne and Cherri
Kim, me and Jesica

Stacy and I before the race.

Getting ready to run!

I sure look silly when I run.
Here's me during the race.  I don't know why I look like such a dork when I run.  I don't feel like a dork when I run, but I just don't seem to photograph well in action.  I think I look like I am walking instead of running, and what's up with the thumbs?
 Stacy, Bob and I with our post race snack.  The dorkiness seemed to remain after I finished running.

Holly, Cherri, Jeanne, me and Kim.
The beauty of the small race is that five of us from our running group at the Y won our age groups!  My first medal for placing in a race.  It wasn't a very nice medal though.  Maybe one day I will win a trophy!

No comments:

Post a Comment