Thursday, February 10, 2011

So Sick of Snow...

Okay, seriously, we live in Oklahoma.  I don't know what sort of alternate universe we have stumbled into in the last two weeks, but enough already.  Snow that lasts for days, and sub zero temps are really starting to get on my nerves.

My daughters have only gone to school three out of the last 9 school days, they are going to be in school well into June if this doesn't end.  We had record low temps in the state this morning, measured in NEGATIVE numbers.  By Tuesday it's going to be close to 70 degrees outside.  Really?  That would be about a 100 degrees warmer than it was in some parts of the state this morning.  Snow days that turn into sick days, that's what I am predicting.

Something you might not know about me is that I am really not much for the outdoors.  As a kid, I preferred to stay inside and read to going outside and getting dirty.  That being said, as I officially became a runner last year, I discovered that I love running outside.  I can't believe I used to actually enjoy running on the treadmill.  What the hell was I thinking?

I finally got to the point where I believed that I would not die running outside when it's about 35 degrees out, and mother nature give me snow, ice, and temps in the single digits.  Although, next week's temps are going to seriously feel like summertime.

I am hoping that I will only have to suffer through one more Saturday of treadmill/track/treadmill running.  I didn't get my full 10 miles in last week because I opted for some cross training, which means that I pretty much have to run 11 miles on Saturday or I will feel very behind on my marathon training.

This is Oklahoma, and they say if you don't like the weather, just wait a minute.  I wish this wintry mess would be gone in just a minute.

No comments:

Post a Comment