Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Here We Go...

Last Saturday, I got to enjoy a nice short run.  The week before we did 13 miles in 2:05, so the 5K last weekend was a nice break.  I guess we are jumping right back into it this coming Saturday.

Looking at the map of this weekend's route really makes me want to throw up.  16.3 miles seems like a really long distance to run.  I realize the stupidity in that statement, because it IS a really long way to run.

Being mentally tough as a runner is more than half the battle in my opinion, and I try to be as mentally tough as I need to be.  One of the best thing about having a group of people to run with is that their support helps to make up for any shortfalls I might have in my mental toughness.

Maybe I need to do some deep breathing to help calm the butterflies in my stomach, because it is only Wednesday, and if it is stressing me out this much already, I am going to be a mess by Saturday.

I know that each week from here on out will be longer and longer, so maybe after this weekend my nerves will calm down.  Physically, I believe I can do it, but there is always that little voice in my head telling me that I am crazy.  I need to start ignoring that little voice.

So I'm gonna see about getting a hand held water bottle, and some Jelly Belly Sport Beans to carry with me, and I'm going to make sure that my ipod is loaded with good running music, that my Garmin is fully charged and just get out there.  I am thinking that Friday night will be spaghetti night at the Craig house for the next couple of months.

No comments:

Post a Comment