Saturday, June 15, 2013

Saturday...

I got up to meet Anne and Carrie at the Y for a nice Saturday run. My quads had been sore all week from our two morning runs and some weights, but I figured it might be a shortened long run bit it would still be a run. 

Boy was I wrong. 

We got through the first at a 10+ pace and it was shortly after that I decided irritation in my quad was not shared equally in both legs and could only mean one thing. 

I'm not 100 percent yet. 

So after a little over a mile I ended up walking about three miles. I was glad to not be responsible for ruining anyone else's run. Anne and Carrie went on without me and got in six miles. 

I finished up with some arms and then headed home. Not the morning I thought it would be but I am resigned to the fact that I want to run, but I don't want to run if it feels like crap. It seems like an eternity since my last really good run and it feels like it will be as long until I have another one. 

So I'm going to bike, spin, swim, get in some strength training and even try out deep water running. Am I bummed?  Sure. But crappy running is way worse than being sidelined for a little bit. 

We will be at the beach in a couple of weeks and I am hoping to be able to get a few miles there. I love running at the beach. 

Lunch today was awesome. 

Breakfast burrito with egg whites, potato, broccoli, spinach, cheddar cheese and avocado. Yum. 

Now Carson and I are hanging out watching the last two episodes of Revolution. 


Penny has been hanging out with us. 

Have a great Saturday!

No comments:

Post a Comment