Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Beer Sprocket 2012…

beersproketI was asked again this year to have a table for Beer Sprocket.  Last year I made 400 mini cupcakes, this year I only had to make 300.  I’m not sure the exact number, but it was a little over 300.

So on Friday I got to work…

319Jen loaned me her mixer this year.  I’ve actually had it for over a month since they moved the date of the event due to possible bad weather in April.

320This is what 300+ mini cupcakes looks like when they are all boxed up and ready to go.  I didn’t get a chance to stop by the bakery supply store beforehand and so I had all different sized boxes to use to pack them up in.  Thankfully I had enough room and all of the cupcakes made it out to Choctaw unharmed.

331My little table full of goodies.  I was smack in between my brother-in-law’s beer table and the beer table of another distributor.  What fun.

332

Last year I did four different flavors, this year I went with three.  Shawn asked me to try out some beer flavored cupcakes so I went with:

Red Velvet with cream cheese frosting

Raspberry chocolate chip with chocolate buttercream

Cherry with vanilla buttercream.

The Raspberry and Cherry flavors were from a couple of Fruit Ales that Shawn gave me.  I think they turned out pretty well.

333Before I knew it all of the cupcakes were gone and I got to call it a night.


Up next?

I’ve got two dozen red velvet cupcakes for a woman I meet at Beer Sprocket, and some red velvet whoopie pies for my friend Patti.  It’s going to be a good weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment