Friday, May 4, 2012

WIAW...

I am well aware that it is now Friday and I am just getting to this post.  It's been a rough week for me.  I left my phone at home on Monday (I could claim marathon hangover, except I didn't actually run the marathon.), and again on Wednesday.  So my WIAW post is actually What I Ate Thursday and Posted On Friday Post. 

I feel like my eating habits have been insanely boring lately.  I blame Sams.  Buying in bulk, it turns out, makes you have greater quantities of the same thing in your kitchen.  Who know?

So here's my recap.

Breakfast:
I got bored with the same yogurt that I had to scoop out of the big tub each day so I bought some Oikos at Sams this week.  I added some Chia seeds and homemade granola to it.  I didn't put any chocolate chips in this batch of yogurt, someone in my house is participating in a Biggest Loser competition.  I really miss the chocolate.  I had a banana a little later, and I drank 60 ounces of water by 10 am.  I spent the rest of the morning in the bathroom because I had to pee about every 15 minutes.

Lunch was leftover Simple Sesame Noodles from the Pioneer Woman.  I love this recipe.  I made it with rice noodles this time, and if I had thought about it I could have added some edamame or broccoli or something.  As I said before, it's been a rough week.

 
And in other insanely boring photos, I also had an apple that looked like  areal apple before I got to it, some Chipins popcorn chips, and one of my double chocolate chip oatmeal cookies.

I was a little disappointed in this batch of cookies.  I swear it's the humidity, but they were flatter than I like them.  Damn Oklahoma weather.





I almost forgot my afternoon snack!

A little background for this snack.  I have recently discovered Twitter, you can find me there @oubeckyc.  I love it when I get a mention or a retweet.  I mentioned @lunabar in a tweet last week and I got selected to try out one of their Luna Fiber bars.  You can't even get them in stores yet, that will come later this month.  I picked the peanut butter and strawberry bar and it came in the mail on Wednesday.  AND they sent me some lip balm, in my favorite flavor, Chocolate Peppermint Stick.  I have refrained myself from actually eating the lip balm, it really doesn't taste like my favorite bar, but it sure smells like it. 

The new bar is super yummy, it sort of had the consistency of a cereal bar, with all the yumminess of a PB&J.  What's not to like about that.  Plus it's packed full of fiber so it's a win win snack in my book.  I can't wait to try the other flavors.

For dinner I was in the mood to do a little cooking or baking, so I decided to make English muffins.  It's not just one meal in this bowl full of dough, it's multiple meals.  Gotta love how super efficient I was being last night.

I went with a hot and fresh English muffin with a fake sausage patty, one of my frozen mushroom and spinach frittatas and some Laughing Cow cheese.  I threw in some pretzels, but they were a little stale.  I suffered through it, mostly because I was too lazy to get something else.  We were watching this week's episode of Modern Family at the time. Hate to have to pause everyone's good time.

After dinner I had some of my salt and pepper pistachios.  Seriously, we have got a huge problem at my house.  We are all addicted to these little yummy nuggets of goodness.  I might have to head back to Sams to stock up on those.

Happy Friday!  I sure hope I can get my WIAW post done in a more timely manner next week.  Maybe I'll even be able to change it up and have some more interesting foods in my diet.

No comments:

Post a Comment