Wednesday, July 18, 2012

WIAW #11...

I tried out a new recipe tonight that I'm using for my WIAW post this week.

I got home tonight, straightened up a bit and hit the iPad for some dinner inspiration. I came across a recipe for Quinoa Black Bean Burrito Bowls.

I followed parts of the recipe and changes it a little bit. In the end I had a bowl with quinoa, black beans, corn, cheddar cheese and salsa. It was yummy.

Quinoa made with veggie stock. I believe you need to add as much flavor as possible and veggie stock is way better than plain water.

Black beans, one of my favorites. With a little onion, garlic, veggie stock, chili powder, coriander and ground red pepper. Next time I might have to add a jalapeƱo to add a little kick.

The finished dish. I know my mad photography skills are probably making you super envious. Just know that this dish was about a thousand times better than this photograph. It's always nice when a new recipe turns out well the first time around.

Some other highlights from the week...

Layered veggie enchiladas from the Whole Foods website. You can find the recipe here. Make this tonight.

Lunch wrap filled with hummus, carrots, broccoli slaw and kale served with a side of pretzel crisps. Have you tried Pretzel Crisps? Don't leave the grocery store without them. You won't be disappointed.

It was a very tasty week, maybe a little too much eating out, it's been too hot to cook. Now I feel inspired, we'll see if it lasts next week could be a post full of sandwiches and granola bars.

No comments:

Post a Comment