Saturday, September 29, 2012

September Summary...

Technically, there is still one day left in September, but I'll be taking it easy. What a crazy month. I am glad all my hard work over the summer paid off. Back in March I never thought I'd have a month like this, it was hard to not worry about reinjury. You just get to the point where you worry that every run will end up like the last one before the injury.

I can say that September has definitely lessened my worries.

This is missing the five miles (including the Brookhaven 5k from September 1st), why won't Daily Mile let me select the time period I want to see?

So, 69 running miles in September. There were also 40 miles on my bike. Considering there were zero miles on my bike in August, I think the bike legs of the triathlons went pretty well. If there is a HIM in 2013 I'm going to have to love being on the bike. I think all the kick ass spin classes I did this spring when I was injured and this summer when it was too hot to be outside definitely helped. I'm going to have to keep doing that once a week this winter.

So 2012 is 3/4 of the way done. I currently have no races planned for the rest of the year. Well, there is the Race for the Cure the last weekend in October, I would like to work on my speed for that one. I did win my age group last year, maybe I can do that again.

Maybe I can convince some friends that we need to run the half at Whiterock in December, and we are all talking about going back to Cowtown in February. Maybe I can shoot for the full there.

That would mean I have 71 days until my next race. I guess we will see how it goes. I see some cruise ship running in my near future.

No comments:

Post a Comment