Monday, March 19, 2012

The Big Fat Zero…

I love keeping track of my miles. I hate to run without my Garmin, even if I have someone with me that has their Garmin on, I still want to have mine. I log my runs on my Daily Mile account; if you are reading this, well then you probably already know this since my last run is posted on my blog. I have friends that aren't near as obsessive as I am about this.

So I just got my weekly email report from Daily Mile and for the first time in weeks and weeks I didn't log a single mile last week. Wow. I knew that I didn't run at all last week but it was kinda hard to see that big fat zero. Maybe I should have logged the 300 feet or so I did run on Saturday before I decided that it would be more painful. That would probably not round up to 1.

After I ran those 300 feet, I got back in my car and cried the whole way home. Dramatic? Probably. I'm not ashamed to admit it. Taking a week off is no big deal but I'd much rather be doing it by choice and not having my body force me to take time off. I got home and sat around for about 30 minutes feeling sorry for myself and then headed to the Y to do a yoga fit class and then a spin class. I figured if I couldn't run for two hours I'd better do something instead.

I didn't wear my cycling shorts because I was doing the yoga fit class before the spin class and my bum is paying for it today. My knee started out feeling like it had an air bubble in it and then it kinda popped and felt pretty good through the whole class. I felt pretty good when it was all over, but I sure wish those spin bikes had miles on them.

On my way home I drove past where the Y running group was running and saw a girl running that clearly had the look of defeat I had on my face last weekend. I stopped to see if she was okay and she was having hip issues so I drove her back to her car. I went home after that and my leg felt pretty good the rest of the day. I guess when my doctor has told me before that the bike is good for me he's not kidding.

I'm going to go see him tomorrow. When I called last week I didn't think they'd be able to get me in until Friday and I almost cried and explained to the girl that schedules his appointments that I am supposed to run the Rock N Roll half marathon on Sunday she squeezed me in tomorrow. I'm looking for a miracle. I hate the thought of paying $85 for a race and raising $1,000 for a charity and then not running. Josh said he's take my bib and run in my place, I told him he better not win.

I did get to go cheer my sister on yesterday as she won the very first Strides of March 5k. She was the first woman to cross the finish line. Yeah, Jen!

No comments:

Post a Comment