Wednesday, March 28, 2012

What’s for Breakfast…?


So last week I had a little green smoothie disaster.

Green smoothie that tastes like pickles, and not in a good way = yuck!

So I finally went to the grocery store last week after about an eternity of not going. Turns out a stress fracture will greatly reduce a person's willingness to go to the grocery store. You just have to get creative when all the easy items in your pantry are gone.

Anyway, I picked up a new (to me) kind of Greek yogurt. It's flavored with honey and it's super tasty. I honestly bought it because it was the only brand that was less than $5 I think, but it's always nice when a bargain turns out to be better than the more expensive version I had previously been buying.


I broke down and made some of my homemade granola, which could not be simpler.
Here's my recipe…
2c oats
1c peanuts chopped
1/3 c honey
1/3 c brown sugar
1 Tbs unsalted butter
1 tsp vanilla
Pinch of salt
Roast the oats and peanuts on 350 for 10 minutes. Combine all other ingredients and heat until it's all melted (I like to bring mine to a boil to make sure all the sugar dissolves). Mix with the oats and peanuts. I like to toss in some mini semi sweet chocolate chips, because why not. Spread it out on a cookie sheet and pop it back in the oven for about 10 minutes.

Yum! I like to break mine up into smaller pieces because then it's prefect to mix with my Greek yogurt and Chia seeds.

I'm not gonna lie, it is much easier to eat with a spoon, but I went off and forgot mine this morning and forks are all I have in my desk. Good thing I have the granola or it would have been really hard to eat with the fork.

I do have two green smoothies in my freezer, I might have to get them out and drink them because I am not out of Greek yogurt. I think I'm going to have to lug my fancy boot around the grocery store this weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment