Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Cautiously Optimistic…

So after a week and a half of pain, four weeks in a boot, and a week on crutches, I am walking on my own today. Man it's been a long six weeks! I still have my crutches, but I left them in my car. I am really hoping that I won't need them.

Maybe our weekend camping trip to Robbers Cave did me some good. After our 2+ hour drive home, I had the crutches when we went to the hospital to meet the new babies. After that I didn't use them around the house. Yesterday I used them when I got to work, but by the time I was leaving to go to the Y I was realizing how good my leg was feeling. I left them in the car and went to spin, afterwards my legs felt tired but it was from the class and not from the injury.

After six weeks of being able to feel my leg all the time to it just being normal like my left one, this feels huge to me. Finally, progress! Yeah!

Don't get me wrong, I am not going to be running until after I see my doctor again in two weeks, I'll stick to the spin classes and elliptical and other low impact activities. It just feels so good to feel good after all this time.

So for now I am crutches-free. If I need them again, I will use them; I am not crazy. I do want to be better. So we will see how it goes.

What a great day.

No comments:

Post a Comment