Thursday, April 26, 2012

Dreaming of Cheesecake...

I am completely addicted to pistachios.  The first step is admitting you have a problem, right?  Well since Carson and I discovered that we love pistachios I have had them pretty much daily.

(I am sure this should slow down eventually, it's a pretty expensive habit.)

So when I had lunch with a few of my favorite girls on Friday, the day before one of them became a new mom, we went to Local.  It was really good.  If I were a better person I would have take pictures of what I ate, instead I'll have to just give you pictures of the menu.

We started with the truffle chips, the three dipping sauces were awesome.  I can't remember what any of them were called but one had blue cheese, one was green and one was red.  Kinda looked like ketchup, but it was so not ketchup.

I had the Farmers Market salad, and it was yummy.  I could do without the asparagus, but that's just me, I did fine someone else at my table that was willing to eat them.
Every once in a while rather than sticking with my usual vegetarian diet I will have shelfish or fish.  This was one of those times.  I hate to say that this was yummy, but it really was.  And there was a ton of food.  Two tacos and some veggies on the side.  I could only finish one.

 And then there was dessert.  I actually had a dream about this cheesecake last night and I can't stop thinking about it.  I might need to go get a piece to go later.  It's a good thing there were four others at the table and we were sharing it, or I might have eaten the entire thing.  It was like heaven on a plate.  Really.

I really liked Local and I can't wait to go back.


No comments:

Post a Comment