Thursday, June 21, 2012

One of Those Days...

I'll be leaving for vacation Saturday morning. I've got all the snacks already, and I baked up some cookies tonight too.

I can't decide if it's harder to leave for a vacation or harder to come back to work. Although today it seemed way harder to leave. I will be gone for the last week of the quarter so there are lots of things to do before the end of the month. I do have someone to handle part of my job while I an gone but I have a lot of stuff to get done before 5 pm tomorrow.

Today was one of those days that I worked the entire day with that goal in mind and at the by the end of the day things had not worked like I needed them to and I found that there could be a few big kinks in the process. I won't bore you with the details because it really is boring stupid crap. I almost started crying on a call with someone this afternoon and had had enough by 5:00.

I already got my run in this morning so my stress relieving options were baking and the bottle of wine in my fridge.

So I got some baking done. Cookies for the road trip this weekend because really can you have too many snacks?

And then we ordered pizza for dinner so I had a little wine.

now I am wondering if 7:54 is too early for me to go to bed. I have been sleeping horribly all week I am going to skip the Y in the morning and hope I can sleep until my alarm goes off. That hasn't happened since Monday when I overslept and missed my run. Guess I have been so worried I would oversleep again that I've been overcompensating. Kinda sucks.

We did watch our new favorite show Dogs in the City. Penny just loves this show.

So here's to hoping tomorrow will be a better day and vacation that starts in less than 24 hours.

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment