Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Ouch...

I got home from work and decided to make one of my favorites for dinner, chickpea tacos. Even though I didn't have a red onion I went ahead and made some corn salsa to go with them.

I cut up a jalapeño, got the corn off the last two ears of corn from the crab boil Saturday night, and added a little lime juice, chili powder, ground coriander and a little cumin. Mixed it all up and left it to get all happy while the chickpeas roasted away in the oven.

I then sat down to surf the net on my new iPad and waited for the timer to go off. A few minutes later I blew my nose and shortly after noticed that my nose started burning. It took a few minutes for the real pain to set in and about that time the realization of what happened also set in.

Note to self, you should always wash your hands after you chop up a jalapeño.

Have you ever burned the inside of your nose? I consider myself an expert in burns. (Sunburns mostly, kitchen burns recently.) This was insanely painful. A quick check on Google and I learned that running water over my burnt nose was making it worse.

Milk, it turns out was the way to go. So I soaked a washcloth in some milk and held it over the affected area until the pain started to go away. After that a little Vaseline and I felt back to normal.

I won't bore you with a picture of my nose. Just know that it was very red and my eyes were very watery.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment