Saturday, June 30, 2012

June Foodie Pen Pals...

I started to worry that I wasn't going to have a pen pal this month. Apparently the pen pal that got my name was MIA so the person that had her ended up having me instead. My new foodie pen pal ia Mary Alice.

My box came in the mail today.

I just love receiving packages in the mail. I love opening my foodie pen pal box each month I always think of Forrest Gump and his box of chocolates. You never know what you're gonna get.
First up was some honey. I love honey, I think you can never have too much in the pantry.

Next was some black raspberry jam. You might not know this about me nut I love jam. I prefer it to jelly, I can't tell you why I feel this way I just do.


Finally there were cupcakes.

I am sad to report that the cupcakes didn't survive the journey.

not sure if it was just the journey or the Oklahoma heat but these poor cupcakes were in bad shape. Thankfully Mary Alice sent me the recipe so I'll be able to recreate them myself.

I found the recipe here.
Cupcake Ingredients
1 box Betty Crocker SuperMoist white cake mix
Water, vegetable oil and egg whites called for on cake mix box
1 Tbsp grated lemon peel
1 Tbsp lemon juice
1. Preheat oven to 350. Place paper baking cup in each of 24 regular-size muffin cups.

Cupcake How to
2. Make and bake cake mix as directed on box for cupcakes, using water, oil and egg whites and adding lemon peel and lemon juice.
3. Cool 10 minutes; remove cupcakes from pans to cooling racks. Cool completely.


Frosting Ingredients
1 1/2 c white chocolate baking chips
1 1/2 c butter, softened
1 c powdered sugar

Frosting How to
1. In a small microwave bowl, microwave baking chips uncovered on high for about 1 minute, stirring once, until softened and chips can be stirred smooth; cool.
2. In large bowl, beat butter and powdered sugar with electric mixer on low speed. Gradually add melted chips, beating on high speed until frosting is smooth and spreadable.
3. Frost cupcakes.

Garnish with edible or candy flowers.

 

So it's another great Foodie Pen Pal month. Wonder what's in store for July.

No comments:

Post a Comment