Sunday, April 14, 2013

Best Day Ever...

I cannot type that without thinking about Spongebob Squarepants. My girls used to love watching Spongebob with their dad. I can hear him singing about the best day ever.

Friday was probably not really my best day ever, but it sure was a good one. I took the day off from work so I could get ready for Beer Sprocket on Saturday, so really my Friday sort of started when I got off work on Thursday.

I headed from work to my favorite local running store for a ladies night. They had wine, talk about my second favorite physical activity yoga, and had sports bra fittings.

One of my favorite four-year-olds was there. (It was a girls night.)

Avery learned that your "girls" are you boobies. She is the cutest. She loved the Nuun lemonade cupcakes I made, and she wanted to share her water with Lance.

I had a sports bra fitting and I have decided my next sports bra will be the Rebound Racer by Moving Comfort.

I got home and got to baking. I started with chocolate chip and Nutella with white chocolate chips.

I made the cookies smaller than I normally do, they were more of a bite sized cookie. Because of this I baked them a little differently, because of that the Nutella cookies didn't turn out like I wanted them to. I decided to leave those cookies at home.

I got up Friday morning and got to baking again. I rolled out two batches of sugar cookies and two batches of chocolate sugar cookies. I had the last batch in the oven when I left to go take the Friday morning hot yoga class at the yoga studio I have been going to. There is almost nothing I love more than a yoga class at a time that I normally wouldn't be able to go to. It was a great class, my arms were worn out by all the vinyasas.

After yoga, I made a couple batches of Sweeties, and then all that was left to do was make the chocolate frosting for the chocolate sugar cookies and the frosting for the regular sugar cookies. Other than a blister on my hand from scooping out over 600 cookies in 24 hours, and a sore hand the whole thing was very uneventful. All the cookies were done by the time I would have been getting off work Friday afternoon.

The cookies were ready to rest overnight before I boxed them up on Saturday morning.

Does this look like 600 cookies? Well it was about 580 or so. Not too bad for a days work.


No comments:

Post a Comment