Wednesday, April 10, 2013

WIAW Random Eats...

This is a themeless WIAW post. I have had some very random eats this week.

On Saturday morning I had an awesome 12 mile run. Our first mile was 9:44, mostly because we were stuck behind some other people in the group on the sidewalk, the second was around 9 minutes and then after that they were all sub 9 minute miles. Including a few that were right around or under 8:30. Average pace was 8:46. It was a beautiful morning too, a little windy but warm enough that it wasn't uncomfortable at all.

I came home and made an egg sandwich with some leftover broccoli and Brussels sprouts, half an avocado, and a little cheese. Yummy! I have seriously been loving avocados. I can't believe I waited 38 years to get on the avocado band wagon.

After a trip to see the girl that cuts my hair, then to Ulta and Sally Beauty Supply, I took the girls to the mall so they could buy some more My Little Pony stuff. Then we headed out to the Medieval Fair to do some people watching and just enjoy the beautiful day.

I am surprised I got Camy to look at the camera and give me a fake smile.

Carson is always up for a self portrait. All I can say about the Medieval Fair is that there were so many people there that made very poor decisions when it came to their fashion choices on Saturday. Very poor decisions.

We didn't really partake in many of the food offerings, the girls and I all had cherry limeades that were very refreshing. On the way back to the car we stopped and got these cake and ice cream on a stick things. Delicious! Chocolate ice cream with chocolate cake, coated with dark chocolate; what more can you need in a dessert?

Sunday morning before I smoked us out of the house using the cleaning setting on the oven I whipped up some homemade blueberry muffins. I hear blueberries are a superfood, but when you combine them with sugar and flour does it retract from their super food-ness?

Finally, I was actually able to hard boil some eggs correctly last night. I made egg salad with avocado and had breakfast on the go this morning.

On a completely unrelated note, I bought a new nail polish on Saturday. I decided that I could no longer frighten my fellow yogis with my unpainted runner's toes so I painted them with the new color I picked up.

I just don't know how I feel about the color.

I think it might be a little too pink for me. Maybe it will have to grow on me.

So there you have it, some eats, some running, and some randomness from my week. So tell me, how do you eat avocados?

 

1 comment:

  1. That breakfast sandwich looks sooo tasty! yum! I'll have to try that! :)

    ReplyDelete