Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Not Everything in the Kitchen Has Been Bad...

I have had a few failures in the kitchen recently. It has not been all bad.

I did make some awesome Nuuncakes this weekend. I also made some blueberry muffins on Sunday morning.

We were at Sprouts on Saturday afternoon and I picked up some fresh blueberries. I promised Carson I would make some blueberry muffins on Sunday morning.

What is it about fresh baked blueberry muffins? They were very good. My family doesn't get as excited about muffins as they do about cookies and cupcakes. Maybe I should put a little buttercream on these and they would get a warmer reception. I have said before that muffins are cupcakes that are not living up to their full potential. Might have to not do the streusel topping if I'm going to go with buttercream.

Beer Sprocket is coming up this weekend and I am still working out the plan in my head. I am thinking I'm going to be doing cookies this year, change it up a bit. I did a little searchig and actually found a recipe for a cokie that uses a cherry fruit ale; I had to give it a try.

These were ok, not bad, but not fabulous. Definitely not Beer Sprocket worthy. These did turn out better that my other kitchen disasters today. Oh well, the thing with a new recipe is that there's always a chance that you just aren't going to love it, that's why you should always ave a practice run.

I did learn that the cleaning setting on my oven works wonders. I probably won't wait four years to use it again. It really stunk up the house and made it a bit smokey. We ended up heading to the movies and the grocery store while the four and a half hour process was going on. We even put the dogs in the garage so they didn't die from smoke inhalation. They were a bit freaked out by that.

Who knew that my oven could be so clean? Certainly not me. Have you even cleaned your oven with Easy Off? The self cleaning setting is a much better option. Just make plans to be out of the house when you use it.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment