Monday, March 11, 2013

Breakfast that Tastes Like Cookies...

The secret to being able to find yourself in race pictures of a race that was so cold and wind you couldn't see your race number?

Wear purple when everyone else is wearing green.

Race pictures are usually terribly expensive and they usually look terrible. Imagine my surprise when I ran across this picture when I was glancing through the race pictures from yesterday. I was even smiling at the camera. I had just ran downhill with a tail wind, no wonder I was smiling.

I discovered overnight oats last year, but I just didn't like them that much. I love the idea of them. Last week I saw a post for peanut butter oatmeal cookie dough overnight oats. Man that is a mouthful! I took the recipe and made a few changes and this is what I came up with.

3/4 C old fashioned oats

1/2 C almond milk

Big spoonful peanut butter

1 Tbsp Chia seeds

spoonful brown sugar

I put the oats in the food processor to grind them up, and then mixed all the ingredients and put it in a mason jar overnight. In the morning I added more almond milk to make it stir-able, put it in the microwave for 30 seconds to warm it up a little, and then stirred in a chopped up banana. Yum.

The texture of the oats were much better this way for me. I was always a bigger fan of cream of wheat than I was of oatmeal, by grinding up the oats it made it much less chewy. I think that was part of why I liked them much more this time.

Plus I didn't feel hungry all morning. I have a second batch in the fridge for breakfast tomorrow. It's like I baked without turning on the oven.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment