Thursday, March 7, 2013

Hitting the Streets...

It happened. I finally got out of bed for a early morning, weekday run. It happened two days in a row this week. We wimped out on Tuesday because it was cold and windy, so we waited until Wednesday.

The mornings after yoga are always hard to get up for a run, and after sleeping so well for the last couple of weeks I did not sleep well Tuesday night. I woke up at one point and thought I had overslept, when I looked at my watch and it said 10:45. For some reason I thought it was am. Once I wrapped my mind around the fact that it was the middle of the night, I went back to sleep. Then I woke up at 4 am.

After not really falling back to sleep my alarm went off at 4:45. I put on some layers and headed out to meet Rochelle and Sarah. We tried out a partially new route, we ran from the Y to the OU football stadium. Turns out it is six miles out and back. The wind wasn't bad at all.

We got our six mils in at a 9:09 pace. I didn't feel as fantastic as I did on Saturday, but I didn't feel horrible.

I did a total of an hour walking on the treadmill at work and ended up with a good step count for the day.

Since we moved our run to Wednesday we ended up doing back to back runs. It has been ages since we ran back to back. After a not so great night of sleep, I was again awake at 4 am this morning. Maybe I was just excited about this.

New shoes! I finally got my Brooks Ravenna 4s last night. They are so cute! They came with black shoe laces too, but why wouldn't you go with the yellow ones? I cannot tell you how happy I was to be back in my beloved Brooks. You can't tell from the picture, but my blue Injinji socks really didn't match.

Rochelle, Sarah, Abby and Laura were all there for our usually run to CVS and back. I was feeling less than fabulous out there today. We got our six miles in at a 9:01 pace, that was even with an extra walk break. It is always great when how you feel is reflected differently on your Garmin.

I have been saying for ages that I wanted to have two pairs of shoes to train in. When I was training for my first marathon I rotated two pairs of Brooks Adrenalines. I am very excited because I ordered these today.

Tomorrow is a rest day, and I am looking forward to sleeping in.

Lastly, I stole this off the Brooks Running Facebook page.

I need this on a shirt.


No comments:

Post a Comment