Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Walking for Wellness...

I have organized a Walking for Wellness challenge at work, the competition started yesterday. We have almost 160 employees participating on teams of four from all of our branches. The competition will last for twelve weeks.

The goal is to walk 10,000 steps per day, that's five miles.

It will be much easier to reach my goal on the days I run, Monday is not one of them.

I was a little short for the first day of the competition, but I have plenty of time to catch up.

We actually had a guy that walked over fourteen miles yesterday. I was amazed! I found out he has a goal of loosing over 25 pounds, he has quit smoking and eating junk food. He said he has never been motivated to exercise, but he is really wanting to win the Xbox we are giving to the person with the most steps.

There is almost nothing I love more than seeing people find fitness. I believe there is something for everyone, there are many different things out there for people of all fitness levels. I can't wait to see where the next twelve weeks leads us.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment