Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Navy Beans, Navy Beans, Meatloaf Sandwich...

Sloppy joe, slop sloppy joe...

Sorry I had an Adam Sandler moment there.

I decided to actually plan a meal today. I know, I am becoming a mom that cooks and bakes again, it's crazy.

There is nothing easier than making a crock pot of beans, and your house will smell so good when you get home. The hardest part is that you have to remember to soak the beans, so it does take a little bit of planning ahead.

I soaked the beans, and then threw them in the crock pot this morning with a container of vegetable broth, one onion and some garlic. Seriously, it could not be easier.

When I got home from work all I had to do was whip up a batch of cornbread to go with the beans. I have yet to find a recipe for cornbread that tastes better than Jiffy cornbread. In 20 minutes dinner was ready.

Yes, I put ketchup on my navy beans. What can I say? I have been eating them this way for as long as I can remember. I topped it all off with some cornbread.

Then I had to hve a solo piece of cornbread.

When I was a kid I remember my grandpa eating cornbread with syrup, I like to have mine with butter and honey.

Because I believe all meals should end in dessert, I will have one of these...

Yum.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment