Saturday, March 9, 2013

How Was Your Weekend?

Saturday started off in my favorite way. I meet the group at OK Runner at 7 for a long run. Two weeks post marathon, and the fact that it was drizzly and pretty windy and I was up for a 9-ish mile run. It was crazy, temps were in the 50s, and I actually ran in a short sleeve shirt for a while. We headed out to the flats and the wind was at our back for the first half, when we turned around the wind was in our face the whole way back.

It was pretty drizzly the whole morning, and at the half way point it started raining a little harder. Luckily, it didn't last for very long. I was pretty shocked at my splits.

Mile 1-8:51
Mile 2-8:23
Mile 3-8:15
Mile 4-8:28
Mile 5-8:32
Mile 6-8:48
Mile 7-8:49
Mile 8-9:21
Mile 9-8:53
Mile 10-9:06

At mile 9, I was dying. 10.43 miles in 1:31:20, average pace of 8:46. I didn't feel as great as I did last Saturday, but I did feel pretty good for most of the run.

After I got home, we all got cleaned up and headed to the movies to see Oz. Camy even posed for a picture with me.

It was a very entertaining movie and the girls really liked it. I won't give anything away, but it had some parts that make you go "Oh", that's why so and so was like that in the Wizard of Oz.

After the movie we headed to the outlet mall for a little shopping.

We went to Outback for dinner, and Carson took a picture with me. It was a long day and lots of family time. My pedometer got quite a workout.

Added bonus of the day was that I found a new pair of jeans at the Gap Outlet. Carson found a pair too. I am not able to find jeans at stores that are not the Gap.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment